Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Professional Edits Done! Critique Partners Wanted!



Many thanks to all of you who gave me great feedback on my query pitch yesterday!

I recently had my entire historical thriller, Caesar’s Revenge, professionally edited. An agent I know recommended his favorite editor to me and the editor liked my work so much that she cut me a discount after she finished! Needless to say, I’m pleased with the changes, but I’m also continuing to put my manuscript under the eyes of trusted Critique Partners. 

If you’re interested in earning some good karma points or just like to read a good story, I’m passing around my first chapter in order to gain more feedback. It’s only 10 pages (double-spaced), and I’m more that happy to reciprocate with any of my fellow authors who need a second pair of eyes on their own opening pages. You can check my previous blog post for a quick blurb on the gist of my historical pirate novel.

If you’re interested, just respond on my blog with your email or email me directly at markchristophernoce@gmail.com. Thanks!


10 comments:

  1. Hi Mark, send me the first chapter, I will be more than happy to read it.

    I have emailed you regarding a publishing feedback I have on my book( pranksters book)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome news Mark! I wish I could help!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very exciting that the editor enjoyed your story so much. But you're right to get some other reader feedback too. You can send me the first chapter if you want. I love a good pirate story.

    luanne g smith at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great. I would love to read out of curiosity and not to critique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I hadn't just agreed to do it for someone else, I'd volunteer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always good to have additional feedback, but I'm glad to hear the editing went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got my manuscript back from my publisher to revise and I'm still trying to perfect the back cover synopsis. Oh, and add A to Z signups today. Otherwise I'd enjoy reading it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mark. Great job on the edits. Hope all goes well with you for publication. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Mark:
    We could not possibly suggest ourselves as in any way worthy of offering advice, but it is so pleasing to note that your editor has enjoyed your work. Progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for the volunteers and the encouragement from all!

    @ Mrs. Little Jeans - I'd be glad to send you a copy, but I don't have your email.

    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete